Looking For Something?

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

12 Days of {handmade} Christmas Day 4

Welcome to day 4 of my 12 Days of {handmade} Christmas!! Today I am sharing with all of you my ribbon tree! I loved this when I seen in on Pinterest, and I couldn't wait to make my own!! It was SO easy and SO cheap to make too!!! 


For this tree I purchased all of my supplies at Michael's on the Thanksgiving Day sale. Yes, my mom and I went crafty shopping that night! LOVE our time like that together! So, I bought 4 rolls of ribbon, which were $1.99 each with 60% off, so that made them .79 cents a roll. Then I purchased the styrofoam cone for $4.99, and on my total purchase I used the 30% off entire order. So, I ended up paying around $7 for the entire project. Yes, I LOVE cheap and easy Christmas decor.

So, what I did for this was cut all of my ribbon into 2 inch strips. I then hot glued the ends together, and then I hot glued each ribbon onto the cone. You will want to stagger the rows. If you look closely (yes, I'm giving away my mistakes so that yours turns out better!) you can tell I didn't stagger mine until I reached the top portion of the tree. I should have started that at the bottom and it would have laid much nicer from the top to the bottom. However, I still LOVE it and I have plans to make another one!

Thanks again, for taking a peek at my project today. As always, I hope I've sent some Christmas spirit your way to create some holiday projects this season! 

Happy Scrappin' 

Kristy 

No comments:

Post a Comment