Looking For Something?

Monday, December 3, 2012

12 Days of {handmade} Christmas Day 3

Welcome to day 3 of my "12 Days of {handmade} Christmas". Today I am sharing my deco mesh garland. WOW... is that stuff a little difficult to work with. If I would have had a long table to work off of, it would have been much easier; the mesh stuck to the carpet the whole time! Overall, though, I am pleased with the way that it came out for it being my very first one, and the very first time I ever worked with this stuff. I'm all about decorating my home with handmade Christmas items this year. I didn't have very many decor items, so now I'll have lots to years for many years to come. And, to top it off this only costed me around $10.00. 

Here is what you'll need 


Here is my version of the garland. 


It was really hard to get a good photo with the ceiling fan right there. 

Here are the details

I purchased the deco mesh from Michael's on the Black Friday weekend for $5.19. It was 60% off (originally $12.99 - great deal!), and I also purchased the pipe cleaners there as well for .99 cents. I then went to the Dollar Tree and purchased 3 tubes of ornaments, so that came to $3, and my mom had the gold wire in her stash. I even have some of the deco mesh left to make something else too! 

If you would like to try your own, the tutorial I followed is on Miss Kopy Kat's blog HERE

Thank you so much for taking a peek at my {handmade} Christmas project today! As always, I hope I have inspired you to make some {handmade} Christmas decor this year. 

Happy Scrappin' 

Kristy 

6 comments:

  1. This is very pretty! Great job Kristy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! I love how it is a beautiful decoration and price friendly. Can't wait to see what more you have for us!!

    Blessings,
    Shawnee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Ladies! Yes, Shawnee - I'm no the cheap this year! It doesn't cost a lot to me decoratively creative! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. That came out so awesome!! I just had some of that in my hand today at the Christmas Tree Shop and ended up putting it back. Now I wish I had picked it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty this might be a new project for me next year

    Cathie

    ReplyDelete