Looking For Something?

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Reindeer Poop, Anyone?

I have another project to share with all of you today! 
I've been in my happy place just playing with paper. I {LOVE} playing with paper!! Especially during difficult times, as it takes me away from the everyday worries of all that is going on and is my true therapy.

Anyhoo.... I seen a fellow scrappin' sister post a "Give Thanks" sour cream container in the Jaded Blossom Facebook Group, and it inspired me to create one of my own. So, here is this super cute and super easy sour cream container filled with Whoppers for the "Reindeer Poop".


For the paper - I used the reindeer head from the Jaded Blossom - Reindeer Magic set and stamped it all over my cardstock and colored in just the noses of the reindeer. 

For the container - cut a piece of cardstock 4.25 x 5.5. Once you get your piece cut, in the middle of your piece use your circle punch to punch to peek hole. The, you'll want to put adhesive along the two short edges and along the one long edge. Be sure to only add adhesive to the 3 sides and not all 4 sides. Fold over the two small ends and adhere just the edge of one side to the other. You want it to over lap just enough to adhere together. Adhere the bottom together - leave the top open to put in your goodies. Once you have put in your goodies, seal the top. To crinkle the bottom, most people use a paper crimper. Well, I do not own one, so I had to improvise. I grabbed my scoring board and lined up the bottom of the container, where it just starts to pop out, and scored three lines to give the impression of the crinkle. 

For the tag -  I stamped the saying on plain Kraft cardstock and cut it out (no specific size), rounded the corners, and then cut the same out of red cardstock, just a bit bigger with rounded corners, and then adhered them together. I punched the hole with a regular hole punch and then put through my Divine Twine and wrapped it around the top of the container.

Easy Peasy and SO cute! 

Here is the stamp set I used on this one - Jaded Blossom stamp set - Reindeer Magic 
Image of Reindeer Magic (4x4)

Thank you all for taking a peek at my project today. As always, I hope I have inspired in your some crafty way! 

Happy Scrappin'

Kristy 


7 comments: