Looking For Something?

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Great Catch!!

As many of you may know, I took on the huge commitment this year to home school both of my boys (8th grade and 6th grade). I do not do it entirely on my own, meaning that I use the K12 program, but it's still a HUGE task each and everyday. However, I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. I know that what I've done has been the BEST thing I could have done for my kids. The school system here stinks, and my youngest needs a lot of extra help, which he was not getting from the public school system. What better way to know that he is getting what he needs, than making sure he gets it myself! 

Well, with that said -- scrapping has always been a passion and relaxer for me, but more so now then ever! I use it to release and relax, and I've set a goal to get a few layouts of my own done a month. So far, so good. It's been such an amazing feeling to get my own stuff done lately. I have gazilllions of photos sitting in photo boxes, and they're just calling my name! I want to get the boys' books done and up to date as much as possible. I'm making progress - little by little, lol.

So, that leads me to this layout I did last week - "Great Catch". I just LOVE this photo of my youngest. He absolutely LOVES, LOVES, LOVES fishing! This was his first catch ever! And, of course, I just had to scrap it. So, I found a challenge over at Paper Secrets to use the sketch below, and beneath that you'll see my take on that sketch. Although I didn't use any Jillibean Soup product on my layout, I still loved the sketch and wanted to play along anyway. 

Here's the sketch


Here's my layout 

I'm super satisfied with this layout, but I would really love to teach/force myself to layer more. I LOVE that look and style, but I have such a hard time doing it. I seem to persuade myself that it just dosen't look right, which I'm sure it does, I just like to be so hard on myself. So, I have a bad habit of keeping it clean and simple. 

Anywho... here is the product I used on this layout 

Paper Studio Patterned Paper 
Scraptastical Kreations Cutting Files 
Misc Alpha stickers 

Thank you all for taking a peek and reading my little tid bit today. I sure hope I have inspired you in some way!

As Always - Gettin' Scrappy With It, 

Kristy 


9 comments:

  1. Great layout Kristy... its just tooo cute! Reminds me of all the times we took ours fishing... miss those days! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Kristy. It looks great, and what fun. We would take our boys fishing with their Grandparents when they were young.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great page!! I love everything about it and what a fun memory to have captured. And I feel the exact same way about layering, lol. It takes me forever to pick out papers and then I'm always second guessing myself! Great job my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Kristy! Great job with the twine!!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Secrets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job! love how you did the fishing pool and twine! :) Thanks for playing along with PS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely layout! I love the fishing pole you made, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute layout - love the adorable fish and pole! Thanks for joining us at Paper Secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the sketch! I love the embellies! Thanks for joining us at PS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable! lovely layout! thanks for playing along with us at Paper Secrets!!

    ReplyDelete