Looking For Something?

Friday, July 13, 2012

Fun in the Sun Blog Hop

Welcome to the Fun In The Sun Beach Blog Hop, brought to you by the fabulous design teams of Made Especially For You and Digi Haven


These two design teams have joined together to create some fun in the sun beach-themed projects! Inspired by the concept of the Digi Haven challenge blog, all of our creations we have for you today we're made using free digis! 

If you came from  Candice's blog, you're in the right place! 
If you just came across the hop and would like to start at the beginning, please visit Ashley's blog, Made Especially For You

Now on to my project

For this card I used a free digi from Dearie Dolls Digis. The digi I chose to use had the cute little boy standing in front of a pool, but because he was headed to the beach, I cut the pool out from behind him.
The die-cuts in the background are SVG's from my store, Scraptastical Kreations. I used plain white, tan and blue cardstock. 


We have some wonderful sponsors giving away prizes for those who comment on each stop of the hop! Let's see what they have to offer...

$25 Gift Certificate


$15 Gift Certificate

$20 Gift Certificate


3 images of the winner's choice

You must comment on every stop of the hop to be eligible to win a prize. Hoppers have through Sunday July 15th to comment. Winners will be randomly chosen and announced on Made Especially For You on Tuesday July 17th. 

Your next stop is Dana's blog

Here's the entire lineup in case you get lost along the way:

Happy Hopping! :)

24 comments:

  1. Adorable scene you've created, Kristy! :)

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super-fun card, Kristy!


    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    http://cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com
    e.mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is too adorable!! Love that image....I so want to be on the beach :)
    TFS
    jessica
    chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card! Love the beach scene. he is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a great summer card your beach scene is super and what a fun image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just so fun and beachy! I am loving the whole scene you set! Great card!
    So glad to be on the hop with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable beach scene! So much to see, almost feel like I'm there!
    Sandy
    sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute image! Love the clouds and birds in the background. I like the affect of the beach and water too! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you trimmed the image to use the part you wanted. You've made a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greetings! I love the card and the directions you posted on the free digi! I am new to digi's and you have inspired me to give them a shot! I had no idea that you could alter them! Thank you so much for sharing him on this super fun blog hop! I am already a follower! Happy Friday the 13th! May it bring you great LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT CARD! Love the little guy. If this doesn't say Summer, I don't know what does. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's one cool looking dude Kristy! Love it! Amazing detail!!

    Your DT Sistah!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card! I love that you altered the free digi for your design by cutting out the pool. Wonderful coloring job! It's so nice to blog hop with you, thank you! ♥ Denise www.DigiHaven.BlogSpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! Love the digi and the die cuts:)
    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun beach scene you've created with these papers and cute image! Great to be a part of such a fun hop!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've created a great summer scene - lovely details with the torn paper for the sand and sea, some lovely clouds and a great looking boat... There are so many deatils about your card that I find just great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute!! I love how u improvised!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is amazing!!! LOVE the scene you created--all the elements totally remind me of summer! :) Fabulous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, my gosh, that is one of the cutest things I've seen! I love how you incorporated a digi with SK files! Love it!
    Nancy
    alwaysastorycreationsbynancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute! i like how you made it into a scenery card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great summertime card. He sure looks ready to go snorkling.

    ReplyDelete