Looking For Something?

Friday, June 15, 2012

My Dad's the Greatest Blog Hop


Welcome to My Dad's the Greatest Blog Hop. Today we are honoring are Dads, Grandfathers, Uncles, Brothers, Husbands, or any special male father figure in your life. Do you remember your father being so big in your eyes that he could protect you from anything? He was the one who would BBQ or mow the grass, or do all the handy fixings around the house (that's my Daddy!). He was the one that would go off to work every day and come home tired and still had time to laugh and play. He was the one didn't mind if every Father's Day he got a tie or slippers - it was all about the love. Our Father's, our protectors. Today is their day to be honored with this fabulous blog hop. 

Today we have a handful of super talented women who would like to show that their Dad is the GREATEST! So, sit back, relax, grab your coffee and enjoy all the fabulous projects and stories.

There is this fabulous stamp set up for grabs too. All you have to do is be sure to comment on each blog in the hop to be eligible for the blog candy. 

If you've come from Miriam's blog, you're on the right track. If you've just come by for a quick visit and would like to start at the beginning of the hop, be sure to head to Pamela's blog and hop from the beginning. 

In case you get lost along the way, here is the complete line up. 


Before I get to the photo I would like to share a little something with you about my Daddy. From the time I was a little girl, my Daddy was the handyman. He fixed everything, built everything, etc. I LOVED the TV show McGuyver when I was young, and my Dad and I would watch it together all the time. I always told him that he was McGuyver because he could fix anything and make nothing into something! He, my Daddy, is my everything. Everything I know today, I learned from him! I'm thankful and grateful to have him in my life still, and for him to be in my boys' life too. I love him with all my heart and I will always be his "pumpkin". *tear* 
Now, on to my card for today. It didn't turn out exactly as I had envisioned it, but I still love it! The blog was a bit bigger then I expected it to be, and I thought it was going to fit on the tape measure perfectly but... it was slightly bigger than I anticipated. Ahh well... I still love it all the same! 

Ok.. Ok... here's my card now. 


I used plain Recollections Kraft cardstock for the card base, and I used Coredinations cardstock for the SVG tape measure, which you can find at Scraptastical Kreations. I wrote the "You measure up" sentiment.  

Now it's time for you to head on over to Nancy's blog and see what fab project she has to share with all of you. 

Thank you for hopping along with us all today, and we all hope you enjoy all the projects and are inspired in some way today. 

As Always - Gettin' Scrappy with It, 

Kristy 

21 comments:

  1. ahh...1 day i want to be able to cut out svg's :) great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.. what a sweet card!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Kristal. Love the ink edges around the yellow paper.


    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com
    creativediva98 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!! Love the sentiment you used too! And your hand writing is always so neat!! :) He is going to love it! :)
    ~Colleen
    co11een903@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristi ... this is such a great clean card ... I love the idea! So glad to be on this hop with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute card! I loved your story!! thanks for hopping with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the tape measure idea with your sentiment! SO AWESOME!
    Hugs,
    Georgi

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Love this idea :)
    (:(:smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Dad sounds so much like mine, he has been gone for many years and you have made me think what a handy man he was. TFS!
    jennyplace26@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card. Your Dad sounds like my Daddy. He was such a handyman and fixer. He loved to tinker around. TFS

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful!I like the way you made Dad the "brand" of measuring tape, very creative. What pretty bling... fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! Love the extra large tape measure and sentiment. Of course... bling is always a good thing =)

    lots of love,
    www.shortycreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool card.

    marg0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool card.

    marg0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving it!! Bling Bling girlie =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card for your handyman dad!
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card with a perfect sentiment and the bling adds a nice touch :)
    Nancy
    alwaysastorycreationsbynancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I ove this card! I should have helped my girls make a card like this for their dad!

    ReplyDelete