Looking For Something?

Monday, June 25, 2012

ME4Y Monday!



Hello and happy Monday!
Welcome to another ME4Y challenge!! Today's challenge is to use heat embossing on your card. This was a good challenge for me, as I need practice in this area. My heat embossing skills are not the best, but I did survive. This week you'll be eligible to win a $10 GC from Adams Acres. So, be sure to link up your cards at Made Especially For You to be entered! 

Now on to my card for this week's challenge


I took advantage of this challenge and made my nephew's graduation card. He graduated high school at the end of May, which I'm SO very proud of him and boy does it make me feel old! I remember sitting in the waiting room on Halloween night almost 19 years ago waiting for him arrive, and now he's already graduated. I used a Pink by Design stamp and stamped the sentiment across the Kraft cardstock to make it like a background and then I added the embossing powder and heated it up. I am really happy with how this came out. The graduation cap is from the "Graduation Day" paper piecing pattern from Scraptastical Kreations. 

Card Recipe: 
Kraft Cardstock 
Red Cardstock 
Pink by Design Stamp
StazOn Ink 
Scraptastical Kreations SVG 


Don't forget to head on over to the Made Especially For You  blog and enter your  card into the challenge!! I can't wait to see everyone's entries and I thank you all for taking a peek at my card today. I hope I've inspired you in some way! 

As Always - Gettin' Scrappy with It, 


Kristy 

6 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! That kid's gonna love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet card, love how you incorporated the embossing! congrats to your nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your card. So creative and well done. I would not have thought to use the stamp as a subway tile styled background, and embossed. It's just a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a STAMP!!! Love everything about this card!!! You rock!!
    Toodles
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I love the stamping background, very clever!

    Many blessings,
    Zeni
    www.scrappyzeni.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! He will love it. You are a wonderful aunt. I need to get into embossing... another someday thing... you know... when I have some money :) It came out wonderful, I'm sure you'll be incredible in no time!

    ReplyDelete