Looking For Something?

Sunday, April 1, 2012

World Autism Awareness Blog Hop

Welcome to the World Autism Awareness Blog Hop host by Created by Cori. Thank you for joining us today as we spotlight our loved ones with Autism. 


If you have come from Pam's blog, you're on the right track. If you've lucked up on this blog post today, be sure you head back to Cori's blog and hop from the beginning. 

So, I do not have a child with Autism but my bestie and amazing admin, Colleen, does. Ever since she has been going through the evals and therapies with her son, it's been something that has become close to my heart. Although I am many, many miles away from her - I feel like I am a part of the whole process with her! I get to share in her frustrations,high points, her struggles, and her joys - especially when the work she puts in pays off and he takes a bath and plays in the tub!!!  So, today I am sharing with you a picture frame I made for her! I used the Scraptastical Kreations Autism Title freebie, which you can download HERE for free. 

Here is my picture frame. This is the first time I've ever tried to put vinyl on a picture frame and layer it, so I can't complain too much on how it came out. I'm happy with it, but I would do a few things differently next time. I hope she likes it!! : ) 


You have reached the end of the hop, and I would like to thank you for hopping along with us all today. I hope you have been inspired by the projects and stories shared with you today. 

Here is the complete line up again, in case you got lost along the way. 

Kristy (you are here) 


18 comments:

  1. That is such an awesome and thoughtful gift! I love it!
    <3 Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!! I know she will love it. My son is Autistic also, so I know the struggles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, dang, Girl! You got me crying first thing in the morning over here!! lol I love you SO much!! And I love the frame! It's perfect! :) I couldn't ask for a better friend than you, and when something BIG happens, like taking a bath, you are the first one I want to call!! I appreciate you and your friendship and your support more than you will ever know b/c it's way more than I ever could put into words!!
    Thank you so much for everything you do!! :)
    I love you!!! (and I know Joey would too!)
    ~hugs~
    Colleen
    www.cbcscrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. having a friend and being a friend is so important to a parent with a special one - I so love your frame!! I need to get the svg too! http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colleen is truly amazing!! I admire her. I love the frame you made for Joey. It is adorable. Thank you for creating this wonderful svg!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristy, You have one heck of a group of ladies here! Each one with their own stories and still here to make our scrapbooks look amazing. They are all superwomen! I cant stress enough how grateful we all should be to you and your ladies! most people would have given up and said they cant do it. but not these ladies. They are AMAZING! Thanks to you as well for being a great friend to each and everyone of them. I am glad they have to vent to and to talk to if they need to as well. Keep up the great work. GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the first time you put vinyl on glass and it turned out like that? You are talented girl! That frame is just lovely!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your post!! :) Colleen is lucky to have your support and a friend like you!! Friends make all the difference in the world! :) Awesome blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous frame, I love how it came out!! Colleen will love it too for sure!! :)
    Nancy
    alwaysastorycreationsbynancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your frame. It is very sweet for you to make it for Colleen I am sure she will love it. You did a wonderful job. Thanks so much for sharing your project and your thoughts today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your frame is great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great frame! Thanks so much for joining us on this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your frame it looks great Hope to see apicture of joey in it soon. You are a trueans special friend!!
    Big Blog Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome frame Kristi!!! Thank you so much for your freebie it was just what I needed to finish my projects. We all need friends like you even if it's just to be a sounding board sometimes!! Thanks for sharing with us!
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kristy I love this...this is great and Colleen is going to love it!!! YOu have such a great heart and are such a great friend. God Bless...

    XoXo,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great layout, I am sure your friend will love it. She is very lucky to have a supportive friend that can be there for her, tfs

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a wonderful thing you are doing bringing awareness to autism. My son is autistic and it is great to be able to connect with others on the internet that are going through similar things to what I am going through. I wanted to share with other parents with an autistic child a great website, http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-pcs , that offers great autism advice. I hope this is helpful!

    ReplyDelete