Looking For Something?

Sunday, February 19, 2012

You Make My Heart Sing

When I get in my scrappy mood I love to check out challenges that various blogs and/or companies have, and that is just what I did yesterday! I LOVE the Design Team Calls website, which you can find by clicking HERE. They not only share all the DT calls from all over, but they also share tons of challenges as well. I was browsing through their challenges yesterday and came across this fun one by Quick Quotes. I was super excited to find it! I love working with sketches, but all the other challenges were layout sketches. I just wasn't in a layout mood yesterday. I was in more of a card mood, and the Quick Quotes challenge allowed me to use the sketch with a card too! 

So now I'll share my card with you. I am NOT happy with my handwriting, lol. But, I guess that's what makes each and every card I create using my own handwriting unique. 



Recipe
Heidi Swapp Fun Love Paper Pack 
(heart, border, music notes) 
Bakers Twine 
White gel pen 
Hobby Lobby brand Black CS 

Thanks so much for taking a peek at my card today!! Have a great Sunday, everyone!! 

As Always - Gettin' Scrappy With It, 

Kristy 


12 comments:

  1. Adorable card Kristy! Thanks for sharing your sketch inspired creation at Quick Quotes!! ;)
    -Suzanne, QQdt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Suzy! So glad I found the QQ challenges! I loved the sketch and can't wait for the next challenge! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea to incorporate the sketch into a card, love the colour combo, Thanks for joining in with us over at Quick Quotes

    karan
    QQDT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your handwriting is perfect :) Great job adapting the sketch to a card...I love your doodling :)
    Julie QQDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all!! I appreciate the comment love! QQ has an awesome DT to come and comment on each project that was entered!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your card! so glad you could join us at Quick Quotes. Marcia QQ DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so adorable! Love your colors by the way! So vibrant!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so adorable!! awesome take on the sketch! thanks for playing along withus at QQ Blog.

    Adora

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristy,
    You rocked this! I love using sketches for my cards too - it always catches a reader by surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you turned this sketch into the card! And your music notes are the perfect embellishment! Gorgeous!

    Barb - QQDT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all so much!! : )

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card! Thanks for playing along with Quick Quotes challenge!

    ReplyDelete